Menu   List of Essay Topics   Search categories   Popular topics   Học Tiếng Việt qua các bài hát   Help
Use the 'Google Custom Search' below to Search for the essay you want.
Essays search engine Hãy sử dụng công cụ tìm kiếm bên trên để tìm kiếm bài luận tiếng anh bạn muốn tìm!

Friday, June 27, 2008

A sad event

A sad event

Notes: Walking with friend in a field – Sudden rain and lightning – Began to run for shelter – Friend struck by lightning – Fell to ground – Rushed him to hospital – Recovered after long time – Still can not walk properly – Very sad.

One evening, a friend of mine and I were walking leisurely in a large field, some distance away from our homes.

As we walked we also talked a great deal. We were so absorbed in the subjects we were talking about that we did not notice the dark clouds which were gathering in the sky.

Suddenly, it began to rain heavily. There was also much lightning. My friend and I now began to run for shelter. Within minutes, however, my friend fell to the ground after being struck by lightning. He could not move his limbs and I was frightened.

Without wasting time, I stopped a taxi and rushed my friend to the nearest hospital. He remained in hospital for several weeks to recover from the shocks and burns he had received from the lightning. But he has still not recovered completely. Even today he is unable to walk steadily.

This was indeed a very sad event, and I felt very sorry for my friend.

Word-meaning:
Limbs = hands and legs
Leisurely = slowly
Recover = get well
Absorbed = interested
Steadily = strongly
Click here to invite your friends to visit our site.

Read other posts:
* What is your favorite subject?
* What are the possible causes of child abuse?
* The year 2990
* The clothes we wear
* No room for true craftmanship in the modern world of mass production
* Crowds
* I choose a career
* The ills of modern cities
* Is family planning necessary?
* A nightmare