Menu   List of Essay Topics   Search categories   Popular topics   Học Tiếng Việt qua các bài hát   Help
Use the 'Google Custom Search' below to Search for the essay you want.
Essays search engine Hãy sử dụng công cụ tìm kiếm bên trên để tìm kiếm bài luận tiếng anh bạn muốn tìm!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A treasure hunt

A treasure hunt

One afternoon, I received a letter which contained a map of the park near my house. A big cross was marked at a corner. Right at the bottom of the piece of paper were two rows of strange words:
“Frut eht rednu gid
Evresed uoy tahw dnif lliw uoy”

It must be a secret code! After looking at it for a long time, I realized that the message could be found if I read it backward. The secret message was:
“Dig under the turf
You will find what you deserve”

Immediately, I ran to the park. I found the corner where the turf was and started digging with a fallen tree branch. Soon, I saw a small box. In a state of great excitement, I opened it and found a piece of paper. It said: Dig harder!

I shouted with frustration and started digging again. I began to perspire and I felt my arms aching. I was about to give up when I spotted another box. Holding my breath in excitement, I opened the box… and found another piece of paper. This time, there was a picture of an idiot and the words: “This is what you deserve. Hee! Hee!”

I was mad with anger. However, when I calmed down, I realized that I had indeed been a fool, wasting one afternoon on dreams of getting rich without working for it.

language123.blogspot.com
Describe Your Best Friend
Difficulties In Learning English
Qualities Of A Good Judge
Travel Is A Means Of Education
Why Is Agriculture Important
Essay Introduce Yourself
Why Should I Study Science
Why Homework Should Be Abolished
The World Does Not Progress, It Merely Changes
For Good Impression At A Job Interview