Menu   List of Essay Topics   Search categories   Popular topics   Học Tiếng Việt qua các bài hát   Help
Use the 'Google Custom Search' below to Search for the essay you want.
Essays search engine Hãy sử dụng công cụ tìm kiếm bên trên để tìm kiếm bài luận tiếng anh bạn muốn tìm!

Sunday, March 29, 2009

What is your favorite time of year?

What is your favorite time of year? Why?

My favorite time of the year is naturally the time when I have the most fun. To me, that time of the year falls during the December holidays, or rather, it starts during the last term of school.

It may sound strange of me to include the period of examinations. But I like the way teachers leave us, students, by ourselves to do our own revision. There is hardly any homework to be done but there is a lot of studying to take up our time. Finally, when the examinations are over, we can all heave a joyful sigh of relief and look forward to the seemingly eternal holidays stretching out before us. Just before school breaks up for the holidays, there are a host of post-examination activities, among which is mass dancing in the school hall. This is something I enjoy very much as I get to dance to the newest pop music with all my friends. The opportunity to “break-free” from serious activities of school and to sing and dance there is a truly welcome event.

The last day of school comes and goes and the holidays start. The first thing I do is to go to the library and borrow as many books as possible to fill my holidays. I simply love reading book after book without having to worry about putting aside time for schoolwork. I make it a habit to read books of a particular author each holiday.

Within the second week of the holidays my birthday arrives, I enjoy helping my mother prepare my favorite food for my birthday. I do not have big birthday parties. My birthday is celebrated within the family and I eat all my favorite food, with several helpings. Of course, I enjoy receiving presents and birthday cards from family members and friends.

December is cool in Singapore and that is one reason why I appreciate the month so much. I do not like hot sunny.

Christmas also makes the season all the more exciting. It would be impossible for me to sit at home and just read when so much is going on outside. Therefore, my friends and I take trips to Orchard Road, adding to the hustle and bustle of Christmas shopping. We do not buy anything but just window shop leisurely and watch the excitement of Christmas shoppers. Orchard Road is illuminated with colorful lights for Christmas. I usually view these lights twice; once before Christmas and once after, sometimes cruising along Orchard Road with my neighbor’s family in a rented van, alongside an ordered mass of other slow-moving vehicles. We usually have a good time on these trips, joking and laughing.

Programs based on Christmas are also shown on television to add more joy to the season. I never tire of watching the animated cartoons or motion pictures of classics like “A Christmas Carol” by Charles Dickens.

Finally, after Christmas, I have to start buying my school-books for the new academic year. These books have “off the press” smell which makes me feel that I have to work hard the following year and make good use of these brand new and precious books which no one has ever used before.

The last day of the holidays is the end of my favorite time of the year and school starts the following day. I fell excited, but I also know that once school starts I would be caught up with work. However, I do know that the days will fly by so fast that I shall experience my favorite time of the year all over again.

Read related posts:
How you spent your last holiday.
Should there be school for pupils during weekends
Describe a day spent by the river or by the sea
What means of traveling you choose for your trip?
An excursion to nearby islands
Describe your family at home in evenings
My weekend
Describe the beauty of nature

Read more on http://language123.blogspot.com
An Autobiography Of A Story Book
An Unforgetable Incident
An Unforgettable Childhood Incident
Popular Essays
An Unusual Opportunity
Water Is Important To All Living Things
What Means Of Traveling You Choose For Your Trip?
An Autobiography Of A Car
Describe Some Useful Ways In Which Computers Have So Far Contributed To Our Modern Life.
Things I Dislike Most