Menu   List of Essay Topics   Search categories   Popular topics   Học Tiếng Việt qua các bài hát   Help
Use the 'Google Custom Search' below to Search for the essay you want.
Essays search engine Hãy sử dụng công cụ tìm kiếm bên trên để tìm kiếm bài luận tiếng anh bạn muốn tìm!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A priceless gift

A priceless gift

I have had this little wooden pencil case with me for about two years. It is the most precious gift that I have because it was made for me by my late grandfather for my tenth birthday.

My grandfather was a carpenter. After he retired, he continued to spend his time on woodwork. He liked to work in the garden where it was cooler. I used to sit beside him and watch him while he hammered away.

One day, I could not find my grandfather in his usual place in the garden. After hunting high and low, I found him in his room. His head was bent over a rectangular object and his hands were busy carving something. As soon as he saw me, he hid the object behind his back and smiled guiltily, like someone caught in a naughty act.

Just before my birthday, my grandfather fell sick. On the eve of my birthday, he passed away.

The next day, I found the wooden pencil case in his drawer. There were some words carved on it: “Happy birthday to my beloved grandson.” I was touched. So that was what my grandfather had been so secretive about. Since that day, I have always cherished the birthday gift from my grandfather. To me, it is a priceless gift.

language123.blogspot.com
The Type Of Stories I Like To Read
A Narrow Escape
Reading, Conference And Writing Make A Full Man
Failure Is The Mother Of Success
Essay On Importance Of Newspapers
The Uses Of The Hobby
An Unusual Opportunity
Essay About Picnic
List Of Essay Topics
Importance Of Agriculture