Menu   List of Essay Topics   Search categories   Popular topics   Học Tiếng Việt qua các bài hát   Help
Use the 'Google Custom Search' below to Search for the essay you want.
Essays search engine Hãy sử dụng công cụ tìm kiếm bên trên để tìm kiếm bài luận tiếng anh bạn muốn tìm!

Sunday, March 29, 2009

My new-year resolutions

Your new-year resolutions

The New Year approaches and as usual there are great hopes, dreams and resolutions to make for the coming year. However, I will desist from hoping and dreaming this time and stick to the resolution only.

My past experiences have taught me that hoping and dreams are useless waste of energy for they usually do not come true of the target. Only resolutions can be kept, to a certain degree of success.

First of all, I resolved to spend less time talking and more time doing. The past year had been a very noisy one as my friends and I spent so much time gossiping and talking nonsense. This year we cannot afford such a luxury. There are many assignments to be done. So, it is action time and I shall devote the year to it.

Secondly, I have to spend less time in front of the television set and the computer. These are fun thing but they are also very time consuming. The time is better spent within my books. Otherwise, I might run out of time in the end. I have to make the effort to get away from these very addictive time wasters.

Next I resolved to cut down on my physical activities in school as well as outside school. It is fine to score a few goals and be a hero for a short spell, but sport-heroes are quickly forgotten. It is better to do well in the examinations than on the field. The legs get old and cannot kick the ball for very long. The brain is much more durable.

Physical activities also include the time wasted in shopping malls and fast-food outlet like Jusco, Plaza Angsana and City Square. Again these are fun things to do while they last, but I have to outgrow them. Besides, these activities are taxing on the pocket. Money can be better spent than on a piece of fried chicken or a glass of dizzy drink.

Lastly, I resolve to keep these few resolutions. Previously, I used to make neither tons of resolution which I had no chance nor intention of keeping. So, I was just deceiving myself in making many wishful resolutions. This state of affairs has to stop or I will keep bluffing myself. A few resolutions are far easier to remember and so to keep than a dozen which are quickly forgotten and thus are impossible to keep.

So the old year gradually draws to a close and the new year appears. It is with determination and courage that I shall strive to keep my resolutions and not let them drop away like so many useless words.

language123.blogspot.com
A Visit To A Zoo
Liberty
A Day I Spent In Strange Surroundings
The Use Of Television
Talk About Your Diary.
Career You Choose After Leaving School
A Bus Ride
The Days In Hospital
The Radio
A Wedding Celebration