Menu   List of Essay Topics   Search categories   Popular topics   Học Tiếng Việt qua các bài hát   Help
Use the 'Google Custom Search' below to Search for the essay you want.
Essays search engine Hãy sử dụng công cụ tìm kiếm bên trên để tìm kiếm bài luận tiếng anh bạn muốn tìm!

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Describe the first day of your school.

Describe the first day of your school

Today is the first day of school. The three months of vacation in the country have passed like a dream. This morning, I was returning to school.

I was thinking of the country, and went unwillingly. The streets were swarming with pupils. The two bookshops were thronged with persons who were purchasing books, copy-books and school-outfit. In front of the school, so many people had collected, that the beadle and the policeman found it hard to keep the entrance clear. Near the door, I feft myself touched on the shoulder; it was my master of the eleventh grade, cheerful as usual, and he said to me:

- "So we are to part forever, Henry!"

I knew it well, yet the words pained me. We made our way in with difficulty. Pupils of all ages filled the anteroom and the stairs,
making such a buzzing, that it seemed like entering a theatre. I was glad to see once more that large room on the ground floor, where I had passed nearly every day for three years. There was a throng of teachers going and coming. My school-mistress of the
last year greeted me from the door of the class room, and said:

- "Henry, you are going to the floor above, this year. I shall not even see you pass by any more !". And she gazed regretfully at me.

At ten o'clock, we were all in our classes. The school seemed so small and gloomy to me when I thought of the woods and the mountains where I had passed the summer. I thought again, too, of my previous master who was so good, and who always smiled
at us. Our present teacher is tall; he has no beard; his hair is gray and long. He has a big voice, and he looks at us fixedly, one after the other, as though he were reading our very thoughts, and he never smiles.

I said to myself: "This is my first day. There are nine months more. What work, what monthly examinations, what weariness and whatever will be !"

Read more:
Describe your first day at school as a child
Describe the first day of your school
My first day at school
Recalling my first day at school

Should Homework Be Abolished Teachers
A Frightening Experience Essay
Importance Of Newspaper
Describing The Best Friend
Difference Between Father And Son
Travelling As A Part Of Education
Describe Your Close Friend
Frightening Experience
Essay describe my holiday
How I Spent My Holiday
Cac Bai Luan Van Tieng Anh



Click here to invite your friends to visit our site.
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

No comments:

Post a Comment