Menu   List of Essay Topics   Search categories   Popular topics   Học Tiếng Việt qua các bài hát   Help
Use the 'Google Custom Search' below to Search for the essay you want.
Essays search engine Hãy sử dụng công cụ tìm kiếm bên trên để tìm kiếm bài luận tiếng anh bạn muốn tìm!

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Difference between father and son

The difference between my father and my younger brother in the family

A definite generation gap has existed between my father and my younger brother, Tom, since my brother’s thirteenth birthday. For example, my father has simply not be able to understand why Tom can sit for hours, his eyes closed, listening through headphones to hard rock music. And Tom has stalked out of the room whenever my father has turned on the radio to one of his favorite melodious love songs. Also, since that day, Tom became a teenager, he and my father have had a continual squabble about the chores. Last year, when my father asked Tom to mow the lawn or clean up the motobikes, Tom usually did the chores without complaining. Now, at the mere mention of the word “lawn”, he disappears. Moreover, for the last six months, Tom has refused to eat anything but bread and milk for breakfast while my father has scowled uncomprehendingly, eating his traditional bacon and eggs. Indeed, almost every word or action that has passed between Tom and my father lately has widened the gap of understanding between them.

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree :-) I am a son and there is also a gap between me with my father,and sometime i found it with my older brother.The world is changing so fast,especially in China now.But we should adpt to this.

    ReplyDelete