Menu   List of Essay Topics   Search categories   Popular topics   Học Tiếng Việt qua các bài hát   Help
Use the 'Google Custom Search' below to Search for the essay you want.
Essays search engine Hãy sử dụng công cụ tìm kiếm bên trên để tìm kiếm bài luận tiếng anh bạn muốn tìm!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A lesson learnt

A lesson learnt

I was shopping for a wallet in a large shopping center. Suddenly, a naughty thought ran through my mind.

The counter where the wallets were sold was at a corner of the store. There was nobody around me then. Stealthily, I put one of the wallets into my pocket. I felt guilt written all over my face. As I was about to leave the shop, a pair of arms grabbed me by my shoulders.

“We have to refer you to the police for shop-lifting,” the man said. I was horrified. My parents were notified and they were furious to learn what I had done. However, they pleaded with the shop manager on my behalf.

The shop manager finally decided to drop the charge against me. I truly regretted stealing the wallet and promised to turn over a new leaf. He nevertheless referred the case to my school principal. I was given a demerit point as punishment and my teachers explained to me the seriousness of shoplifting.

It had indeed been a painful lesson. I resolve never to commit the same mistake again.

Labels: an incident that taught me a lesson


p17 language123.blogspot.com
Fashions
How can you help your students enlarge their vocabulary?
The beneficial effects of games on language learning
One who is good at English grammar can write well in English?
Should all errors made by foreign language learners be corrected at any cost?
The goal of teachers who use the Communicative Approach is to have students become communicatively competent
The advantages and disadvantages in teaching English to Adult Learners
The use of forests
The unselfish devotion of a housewife
Floods
Hospitality
Crowds
Drop it where it belongs
The problems faced by old people in our society
The clothes we wear
The rising cost of living
The ills of modern cities
Is a little knowledge dangerous?
Private tuition - Is it necessary?