Menu   List of Essay Topics   Search categories   Popular topics   Học Tiếng Việt qua các bài hát   Help
Use the 'Google Custom Search' below to Search for the essay you want.
Essays search engine Hãy sử dụng công cụ tìm kiếm bên trên để tìm kiếm bài luận tiếng anh bạn muốn tìm!

Monday, July 28, 2008

The city or the country

The advantages of living in the country and the disadvantages of living in the city.

Although I was born and brought up in the country, I spent most of my time in the city; however, a comfortable life in the city has never appealed to me at all. And the country with its advantages still has a call to me for good.

First, the fresh and clean air of the country makes you feel healthier. How relaxed and pleasant you are when you can enjoy the pure air wafted with soft fragrance of areca and grapefruit trees in your garden! Therefore, you can take a stroll around the garden every morning and night. The stifling and polluted atmosphere of a crowded city, on the contrary, makes you suffocated and annoyed. It may breed neurosis and other fatal diseases to urban residents.

Second, living in the country may feel safer while in town, the city dwellers are in state of continuously being afraid of committing violent deaths caused by careless drivers or foolhardy motor-cyclists.

Third, if you have a poetic soul, you will find in the country a source of “divine inspiration”. To my mind, nothing can be compared with the moonlight through foliages or the gorgeous slow of the sunset on yellow rice-fields. I often see the moon shedding its light on the city but how desperate I feel! The moon itself has lost its natural beauty and it seems to me a pale disc hanging shamelessly in a zone surrounded by angrily dazzling neon lights. The silvery moonlight in the country has a mystic power to soothe your pains and sufferings and it does help you escape from the material world.

Fourth, if you are fond of gardening, you can spend your free time digging, planting and watering. Gardening is my favorite hobby. What a serene joy I feel when I watch my fruit trees growing amid the melodious twitters of birds and how sweet and delicious their fruit are when I taste my first successful result! I cannot help feeling sorry for the city dwellers who day and night have indulged themselves in debaucheries and can never enjoy a minute of pure bliss in the countryside.

Finally, in the country you can rest from the noise and bustle of the town. Even though you have to get up early to catch buses to get to work in town, you can sleep better at night without being disturbed by deafening sirens of cars or machines running noisily all the time.

Read related posts:
Young people prefer to live in town
Life in the city and the country
Living in a city
Life in the city
Some people enjoy living in the country but others prefer big city life
Reasons why the young people prefer to live in town
The city or the country
Is your city a much better place to live in today than 10 years ago?

Reasons for your studying English
The difficulties in learning English
Your most embarrassing experience