Menu   List of Essay Topics   Search categories   Popular topics   Học Tiếng Việt qua các bài hát   Help
Use the 'Google Custom Search' below to Search for the essay you want.
Essays search engine Hãy sử dụng công cụ tìm kiếm bên trên để tìm kiếm bài luận tiếng anh bạn muốn tìm!

Friday, July 25, 2008

page04

A man’s education alienates him from his own people

The statement assumes that when a man is educated it alienates him from his people. Let us look at how well educated he is. Education is not merely getting certain diplomas and degrees. Education is to civilize the man and to draw the best in him.

Describe a sports-meeting

Sports lovers here always look forward to the month of August or September because of the Inter School Sports-meeting. These occasions used to be very colorful and attractive. Just like the previous years, this year’s sports-meeting was enjoyable.

Advertising is a way to draw the attention of the public

Advertisement is highly developed nowadays. To some extent nature itself advertises her wares; for instance, the color and smell of flowers is nothing but advertisement to attract the attention of insects and birds and the promise of honey is the gift.

Should women carry out the combat duty?

Women should not be drafted for combat duty. It is not practical. The army would need to set up two facilities for everything. It would need to set up two sleeping quarters, two sets of showers and two latrines. The actual amount of work and supplies involves in setting up camp would double.


Things I dislike most

There are many things that I dislike; but the ones I dislike the most are noise, crowds and laziness. Noise disturbs me greatly.

The person you like most

Of all the people in the world, I like my dear mother the most.

Everyone knows that mother’s love is the greatest in the world. When I see how my mother behaves towards my father, brothers, sisters and me, I am...

How I learned to swim

Swimming is one of the best pastimes that people have. Learning how to swim is indeed very exciting.

It was my sister who taught me how to swim. Every day, for about a week, she took me to the swimming pool in the park in my town and spent about three hours teaching me how to swim.

A visit to an estate

I have always lived in the town. The thought of visiting an estate had never occurred to me. Then, one day, my friend, Kok Kee, asked me if I would like to visit an estate with him. After Kok Kee asked me the question, I began to think if it might be worth while visiting an estate, which I had always considered to be nothing more than a jungle.


The market in my town

The market in my town is large. Hundreds of people visit this market every day. The market in my town is always alive with activity, like any other big market. Every moment buyers and sellers can be seen moving about in all directions. Sellers try to raise the prices of their goods as much as they can.

The use of television

Television enables us to see things in distant places. It is indeed one of the most wonderful things that man has ever invented. Television not only entertains people but also teaches people a variety of important things. Through this wonderful invention we learn about people and events thousands of miles away.

The radio

The radio is so popular today that it is found in almost every home. It is indeed a wonderful invention of man. It brings a voice from the distance not only to inform but also to entertain. Today, the radio plays a very important part in conveying news. The police use it to send messages to the remote corners of the country and to warn people against danger.

Caught in a storm


One day I was going to an island in a boat to enjoy the sights of the island. Many other people were also going to the same island in the same boat. Suddenly a storm broke out. The sea became very rough and the boat began to dance on the waves. Everyone in the boat, including me, was frightened.


A robbery I have seen

One morning, as I was walking along a road, I suddenly caught sight of two robbers. One of them had a gun in hand. The robbers had attacked an old man in broad day-light. They forced the man to give them all money he had.

An unpleasant night

One hot night it suddenly began to rain. I felt very happy, expecting to have a sound and pleasant sleep. I went to bed and covered myself with a blanket. Then, to my surprise, water began to flow into my...

A sad event

One evening, a friend of mine and I were walking leisurely in a large field, some distance away from our homes. As we walked we also talked a great deal. We were...


An unpleasant dream I once had

I have dreams almost every night. One dream, however, frightened me greatly. It was indeed a horrible one. One day, after a hearty meal, I went out for a short walk. I was alone on a lonely road near a grave-yard. I was thinking of...

A street quarrel I have seen

While walking along a street, one day, I came across two men quarrelling with each other. They were of the same age. Thinking that it would be a fun to...

A frightful dream

One night, after a heavy meal, I went to bed late. It was hot and I felt very uneasy. When at last I fell asleep, I however had a very frightful dream. I saw...

Studies of Economics make to the extension of world trade

One of the main aims of all human activity is the satisfaction of certain basic needs for survival, the most fundamental of which are food and water. Of these, more difficult to obtain is food, unlike water, it does not come from the clouds. To obtain it men have...


Luxuries of today are the necessities of tomorrow

Men’s activities in the early days of their existence were concentrated on the acquisitions of sustenance. With the passage of time, however, they began to learn how to use certain things which were not essential for their survival but important for their comforts...

Studies of Geography can make a great contribution to the service of man

That man’s survival on the earth depends largely on geographical factors has been recognized since time immemorial. Without air and water which surround the earth, as well as food which can be derived from various sources in the world, the existence of life is...

Great literature belongs all ages and all countries

Literature, a narrative of human events, reflects all the hopes, emotions, feelings, sorrows and frustrations that men have had in the course of their long struggle for survival in this beautiful world. Its appeal is...

What are the qualities of a good judge?

The judiciary, especially in a democratic state, is well known for its impartiality. In numerous cases it has taken decisions even against the state for the achievement of the ends of justice. This impartiality of the judicial system in a democratic state can be...

Peace happiness United Nations Organization

A successor to the former League of Nations, the United Nation Organization has played a unique role in international relations, since its inception at the end of the Second World War...

Human and courage

Courage, like all human qualities, is an abstract thing; but it is this quality in man that has enabled him to advance against all natural obstacles through the centuries. Endowed with intelligence and manual skills, man’s courage, even in the early days of his existence, enabled him to accept the challenges of nature...


Literary or scientific education is preferable today

A literary education has always been regarded as indispensable to the development of character and a broad outlook on life. Whether such an education is preferable to a scientific education is, however, a moot question...

Tolerance is essential for peace and harmony in any community

The progress of any community or country depends largely on the conduct of the people who reside in it. Discontent, jealousies, prejudices, and intolerance among a few of the people can cause great damage to the whole community or...


The role of the police force in society

he police force plays a vital role in the maintenance of law and order in society. It is a source of moral strength, confidence and happiness to all individuals who seek to live a good life in society. The ideal of a police force has been conceived centuries ago, when lawless acts were committed everywhere...

Liberty

Since his appearance on the earth, man has instinctively longed for liberty, an ideal which has inspired revolts and revolutions throughout the long history of the human race. The yearning for liberty or freedom is not restricted to man alone...

English has made the greatest contribution to the promotion of better understanding

The human race is divided by a multiplicity of languages, many of which have come to play an important part in the affairs of the world. A little reflection reveals that the importance of a language is associated mainly with the ideas and knowledge it contains....


Which period in the history of your country do you find most inspiring

Malaysia, my country, has a very short history compared with that of most of the other countries of South-east Asia. The historical events that occurred here before the fifteenth century are still obscure. Yet many interesting developments have taken place in the last few centuries...

What contributions can writers make to the promotion of goodwill among people

Since remote antiquity writers in every country have exerted a profound influence on the minds of the people. The writings of political philosophers, like Rousseau and Voltaire, have even caused revolutions and diverted the course of history...

Mathematics is essential to progress of human

Though the study of Mathematics had occupied the attention of Egyptian and Greek scholars centuries ago, yet it was only after the advent of the Industrial Revolution that the importance of the subject was fully realized by scholars and educationists everywhere....


An autobiography of a car

I was born in a country in Europe. I do not, however, know who my parents are. All that I know is that, the various parts of my body came not from one country but from several different lands. I am made of steel, iron, rubber and cloth...

If I had a thousand dollars

A thousand dollars, to a girl of my age, is indeed a big sum of money. If I had such a large sum of money, I would do a variety of things. First, I would buy some pretty clothes for myself. I would go round the shops and look for the latest fashion in clothes...

A mystery

While I was asleep in my room one night, something suddenly fell on the floor. It made such a loud noise that I woke up at once. I then switched on the...


A frightful experience

One afternoon I was enjoying a swim in the sea together with hundreds of other swimmers. Suddenly, I heard some frightful cries. I knew at once that some of the swimmers had seen something in the water....

A building on fire

One night my sleep was suddenly disturbed by shouts of fire. I ran out of my house to find out what had happened. I then saw a four-storeyed building on fire. Many people were screaming inside the building, and many were rushing out of it...

Frightened by buffaloes

One afternoon I was sitting on a tree and admiring the beauty of the scenery around. Indeed, I was in a very happy mood. Then, to my extreme surprise, I saw a number of fierce-looking large buffaloes near the...

A narrow escape

One evening, I was cycling down a steep slope near my house, as fast as I could. I was fond of doing so, as it gave me the feeling that I was a good cyclist...

Flood in a town

After a long period of dry weather in my town, it suddenly began to rain one day. The people were happy...

Frightened by a snake on my body

After a game of football, one afternoon, I felt very tired and sat under a tree for a short rest. I leaned myself against the tree and closed my eyes. Within minutes, I fell asleep...


A thief in my room

One night my sleep was suddenly disturbed by a noise in my room. I then got out of bed quickly and switched on the light. To my surprise...

The importance of water

Water kills thousands of people and destroys many acres of crops every year. But water also gives life to all living things in the world. Without water life is...

The work of a farmer

The life of a farmer is hard. He works from early morning till late in the evening in a distant corner of the country. Yet, no one cares...

The country I would like to visit

I have heard and read a lot about the beautiful countries in the world. However, the country I would like to visit is the United States of America. From my geography books I know ...

A picnic I enjoyed

One day, a few of my friends and I went on a picnic to Minyak Beku, a small interesting place on the coast of Malaya....

An exciting event

One day I was reading a book under a tree. The place was cool and pleasant and I enjoyed reading the book....

Living in a city

A city is very noisy; yet most people like to live in it. Many interesting things and places for entertainment can be found...

The subject I enjoy learning

I learn many subjects in school. But the one I enjoy learning is History. History helps us know what people did and how they lived ages ago...

My favorite game (sport)

My most favorite game is Football. It is a world famous game. Football is ...


Why I want to learn English

English is considered to be the most common and important language of the world today. A great number of people understand and use English in every part of the world...

Why examinations are important

Most students are afraid of examinations, but examinations are very important today. They are also very interesting.

Why we should study science

Science has brought many changes in the world today. It is used in all the corners of the world for the benefit of man.

My best friend

I have many friends of several races. But my best friend is a Chinese boy whose name is Ah Chong.

Why I like to go to school

School is a good place to learn things. In school, one can meet boys and girls form a variety of homes. Consequently, school is really an interesting place.


My teacher

The name of my teacher is Miss Lim Swee Lan. She is a very pleasant lady. Miss Lim likes children very much...

My school

The name of my school is Oxford English School. It is situated in the middle of the town I live in. it is a very large school...

Introduce yourself

I am an Indian boy. My name is Sanjay. I am fourteen years old. I live in the town of Klang. I have three sisters and two brothers...

Generation rebel against ideas of generation before it

It is essential to progress that each generation shall rebel against the ideas of the generation before it. Progress is the germination of ideas. Almost everything that people use today for their convenience originated from ideas conceived by...


Beauty in nature

Beauty is hard to define but easy to recognize. In nature beauty may be discerned in all things and places, even in the most unexpected regions of the earth...

Journalism as a career

Almost everyone who can read and write sometimes feels the urge to write on some favorite topic. Some people however love writing so much that they spend much of their time writing something on various subjects for the sheer pleasure of ...

Good manners

Good manners are important to live happily among people. Without good manners we are only slightly better...

how you spent last holiday

During my last school holidays, I spent a few days at my cousin’s house at Morib, a well-known sea resort. I shall never forget that visit...


Describe an unpleasant dream

Everyone dreams. Some dreams are pleasant and some are not. One of the most unpleasant dreams that I have had concerns a wild creature which used to visit a...

Interesting story I have heard

An interesting story that I have heard is about a deserted house in a remote village somewhere in India. The house had not been occupied for several years after the death of its owner. For some reason no one liked or cared for...

the value of education

Education means the acquisition of knowledge and abilities, and the development of one’s character and mental powers by systematic training and instruction. Education is ...

Water is important to all living things

Without water no living thing on the earth could survive. We need water to quench our thirst, water our lands to grow crops or to keep the animals and fowls in our homes alive. Even the plants and insects in all parts of the world need...


Most visited essays

Most visited essays:
Most visited essays is the list of essays that gets more visitors than other ones in our site...

Popular essays

This is a list of essays that get more visits from search engines than the others. They are friendly to google search engine. We may consider them as friendly essays.


Importance of reading newspaper

As the name suggests newspapers are a source of news and information. In several respects they are also a medium of communication among the peoples of the...


Importance of rivers

Rivers have been very useful to men in all parts of the earth since very early times. They provide water to slake the thirst of men, to fertilize their lands and to provide a means of communication for the goods that transport from...

Importance of Geography

Geography is a fascinating subject. It reveals all the wonderful changes and activities that have been going on in the world since the beginning of...

Things you enjoy doing

I do many things everyday,. The things I enjoy doing most, however, are picking flowers and preparing my school lessons...

Your time after school


As I am now preparing for an important examination which will be held at the end of this year, I spend most of my time reading books. There are, however, a few other things that I sometimes do during my...

Enjoy a visit to a zoo

As one who loves animals, I once paid a visit to the zoo in Kuala Lumpur, one of the largest I have ever seen. I liked everything there so much that I shall never forget that...

Importance of water

Since the beginning of time, water has continued to be an important thing to all living things. Without water nothing could live. We may change...

Rainy season

When the grass dry, the trees have lost their leaves, the rivers have very little water in them and the fields are parched, everyone prays for the coming of rain. But when it continues to rain for several days, there are prayers everywhere for...

My favorite author


My favorite author is William Shakespeare, a man who has written enough for immortality. Though a few hundred years have elapsed since the death of Shakespeare and volumes have been written on the life and work of...


Life in the village

The village has always been known to be a place of peace and quiet. The scattered houses among hundreds of plants and trees indicate the lack of activities in the village...

Importance of good roads in a country

Good roads are essential for the development of a country. The Romans realized this centuries ago. Wherever they established themselves, they tried to improve the roads there. Today, the governments of all countries in the world are building...


An accident I have witnessed

One rainy day last year, while I was returning home from Mersing, a town in the east coast of Malaysia, I witnessed an accident which I shall never...


Knowledge

Life category

Family

Family Category:
* The difference between my father and my younger brother in the family.

Career

Career Category:
* What should we do to make a good impression at a job interview?
* What is the job of a human resources manager?
* What career would you like to choose after leaving school? (Teacher)
* What makes an ideal teacher: Give your opinion.
* Talk about your teacher of English

Travel

Travel category:
* What is flight booking like?
* What means of traveling you choose for your trip?
* Is traveling an educative experience? Discuss.
* Tell about a visit to a famous city

Entertainment

Entertainment Category:
* Give an account of a visit to a book exhibition.
* An interesting program which you heard on the radio.
* Give one of the activities you like to do in your spare time

Categories

Searching for topics by categories
Choose a category from the list below that your topic is most related to.
1. School
2. Language and English
3. Society

People and personal characteristics

People and personal characteristics category:
* Give a comment about the uses of the hobby.
* Tell about your hobby in free time.
* Talk about the hobbies of your two close friends.

Society

Society category:
* "Money is the root of all evil". Give your opinion.
* What do you think of the opinion polls?

Language and English

Language and English Category:

* Talk about your teacher of English

* Nowaday, everybody is very fond of learning a foreign language. However, sucessful men are seldom. In your opinion, what is the basic factor?

School

School category:
* Do you think that homework should be abolished? Discuss its value.
* Should teachers give pupils too much homework? Discuss.


* Talk about the subject you consider most important

* What subject you like best in school?

Fire is a good servant, but a bad master

How men first used fire is still unknown; however, it is probable that even the most primitive man of centuries ago found fire a great service to him as it is...


Các bài luận essay mẫu tiếng anh các bài luận essay mẫu tiếng anh