Menu   List of Essay Topics   Search categories   Popular topics   Học Tiếng Việt qua các bài hát   Help
Use the 'Google Custom Search' below to Search for the essay you want.
Essays search engine Hãy sử dụng công cụ tìm kiếm bên trên để tìm kiếm bài luận tiếng anh bạn muốn tìm!

Friday, June 27, 2008

An unpleasant night

An unpleasant night

Notes: One night – Rain – Felt happy – Could sleep well – Went to bed – Suddenly water in room – Bed wet – Got up – Roof leaking – Soon room filled with water – Tried hard to save things – No sleep after that – Unpleasant night.

One hot night it suddenly began to rain. I felt very happy, expecting to have a sound and pleasant sleep.

I went to bed and covered myself with a blanket. Then, to my surprise, water began to flow into my room, and my bed soon became wet. I quickly got out of bed to find out how the water was getting in.

I soon noticed that the roof of my house was leaking. My room was rapidly becoming filled with water. I began to work at once to save my things from the water.

I could hardly sleep afterwards. What had been supposed to be a pleasant night had turned out to be the most unpleasant one in my whole life.

Word-meaning:
Sound = deep
Rapidly = soon
Unpleasant = bad.
Click here to invite your friends to visit our site.

Read other posts:
* Old age and youth
* What opportunities have you had at school or elsewhere of listening teacher and speaking English?
* The rising cost of living
* Storm caught
* The twentieth century is an age of greed. Do you agree?
* The use of forests
* What career would you like to choose after leaving school?
* What I dislike most in people
* A man’s education alienates him from his own people
* A robbery I have seen