An unpleasant night
Notes: One night – Rain – Felt happy – Could sleep well – Went to bed – Suddenly water in room – Bed wet – Got up – Roof leaking – Soon room filled with water – Tried hard to save things – No sleep after that – Unpleasant night.
One hot night it suddenly began to rain. I felt very happy, expecting to have a sound and pleasant sleep.
I went to bed and covered myself with a blanket. Then, to my surprise, water began to flow into my room, and my bed soon became wet. I quickly got out of bed to find out how the water was getting in.
I soon noticed that the roof of my house was leaking. My room was rapidly becoming filled with water. I began to work at once to save my things from the water.
I could hardly sleep afterwards. What had been supposed to be a pleasant night had turned out to be the most unpleasant one in my whole life.
Sound = deep
Rapidly = soon
Unpleasant = bad.
Click here to invite your friends to visit our site.
Read other posts:
* Old age and youth
* What opportunities have you had at school or elsewhere of listening teacher and speaking English?
* The rising cost of living
* Storm caught
* The twentieth century is an age of greed. Do you agree?
* The use of forests
* What career would you like to choose after leaving school?
* What I dislike most in people
* A man’s education alienates him from his own people
* A robbery I have seen