An unpleasant dream I once had
2. What kind of dream?
3. Why it was unpleasant?
4. The end
I have dreams almost every night. One dream, however, frightened me greatly. It was indeed a horrible one.
One day, after a hearty meal, I went out for a short walk. I was alone on a lonely road near a grave-yard. I was thinking of my lessons when I suddenly heard a voice calling me. I looked back and saw an old lady grinning at me. She had long filthy hair. Her face was covered with blood and her nails were very long. She was wearing a white dress. I just stared at her in fear. I dared not move or try to run. I saw her walking towards me. I was too frightened to move. Her long hands then began to stretch out to catch me. I heard her laughing at the same time. It was a horrible sound and my body turned cold. Just before she could catch me, however, I made a desperate effort to run. But she was behind me and almost caught me. I now screamed.
As soon as I screamed, however, I woke up to find that I had only been dreaming. It was a great relief indeed.
Desperate = losing all hope
Grinning = showing the teeth while smiling
Horrible = frightening
Relief = lessening of fear
Click here to invite your friends to visit our site.
Read other posts:
* An interesting program on radio
* Studies of Geography can make a great contribution to the service of man
* Describe a journey by car, ship, train etc, which was particularly memorable for some reason, either good or bad
* Frightened by a ghost
* Interesting fight I have seen
* My new-year resolution
* Progress - its benefits and harms
* Write down your thoughts and feeling about your past life and what lies ahead
* The way I spend the first few days after examination
* What changes your country within years