Menu   List of Essay Topics   Search categories   Popular topics   Học Tiếng Việt qua các bài hát   Help
Use the 'Google Custom Search' below to Search for the essay you want.
Essays search engine Hãy sử dụng công cụ tìm kiếm bên trên để tìm kiếm bài luận tiếng anh bạn muốn tìm!

Thursday, June 26, 2008

An unpleasant dream I once had

An unpleasant dream I once had

The outline:
1. When?
2. What kind of dream?
3. Why it was unpleasant?
4. The end

I have dreams almost every night. One dream, however, frightened me greatly. It was indeed a horrible one.

One day, after a hearty meal, I went out for a short walk. I was alone on a lonely road near a grave-yard. I was thinking of my lessons when I suddenly heard a voice calling me. I looked back and saw an old lady grinning at me. She had long filthy hair. Her face was covered with blood and her nails were very long. She was wearing a white dress. I just stared at her in fear. I dared not move or try to run. I saw her walking towards me. I was too frightened to move. Her long hands then began to stretch out to catch me. I heard her laughing at the same time. It was a horrible sound and my body turned cold. Just before she could catch me, however, I made a desperate effort to run. But she was behind me and almost caught me. I now screamed.

As soon as I screamed, however, I woke up to find that I had only been dreaming. It was a great relief indeed.

Word-meaning:
Desperate = losing all hope
Grinning = showing the teeth while smiling
Horrible = frightening
Relief = lessening of fear
Click here to invite your friends to visit our site.

Read other posts:
* An interesting program on radio
* Studies of Geography can make a great contribution to the service of man
* Describe a journey by car, ship, train etc, which was particularly memorable for some reason, either good or bad
* Frightened by a ghost
* Interesting fight I have seen
* My new-year resolution
* Progress - its benefits and harms
* Write down your thoughts and feeling about your past life and what lies ahead
* The way I spend the first few days after examination
* What changes your country within years